At Kimbrough Dental Care we understand that not everyone is comfortable with dental procedures, and some are fearful of going to the dentist at all. Nervousness about procedures, and even dental phobias, are actually fairly common, and are often the result of negative experiences or traumas in the past. Unfortunately, these fears usually result in a lack of regular dental visits, which can lead to the need for more extensive work over time. This then reinforces the negative view of dentists and dental procedures even further. Of course, the best way to avoid more extensive procedures is to practice prevention and get regular dental checkups.
We are dedicated to making your care comfortable for you, and to helping patients overcome their nervousness and fears about procedures. There are a number of amenities that we offer to help make your visit more as comfortable and relaxing as possible:
- We have Overhead TVs in each patient room, offering local cable channels, a DVD player, and Bluetooth headphones. Bring a favorite movie from home if you like, or catch up on some daytime TV.
- Our treatment room chairs have memory foam and lumbar support for comfort. Gone are the days of the uncomfortable dental chairs with no support! We can also adjust the incline of the chair during procedures to a comfortable level.
- We now have Side Delivery Systems in our patient rooms. In other words, there are no trays or hoses hanging over you during a procedure. You can just lie back and relax.
- All of our x-rays are digital, which greatly reduces radiation exposure compared to film x-rays. Most x-rays can be taken without placing anything in the mouth.
- Our patient chairs face floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking landscaping and bird feeders, which helps to alleviate any “closed-in” feeling you may have experienced in other dental offices.
- Nitrous-Oxide (laughing gas) and oral sedation are both available if you need them.
- We take time to listen to our patients’ concerns, and we welcome questions regarding any diagnosis and treatment options.
Watch this video to learn more about how we work to make you comfortable when you’re here:
We want to do everything we can to help you be as comfortable as possible during your visits! If you have concerns or fears about your treatment, our staff is available to answer any questions you may have. They can be reached by phone at Springdale Phone Number 479-751-9899.